Wartsila Ship Design Poland Sp. z o.o. is a specialist design office operating in ship industry. The history of the company dates back to 1994 when a branch office of Vik-Sandvik, a Norwegian ship design company, was established in Gdynia. In 2008 Vik-Sandvik was acquired by Wärtsilä Corporation and since then the office in Gdynia has been operating under the present name. Wartsila Ship Design Poland employs ca. 80 high qualified designers and naval architects experienced during the work
in Poland and worldwide. WSDPL works for foreign and local customers basing on advanced techniques, methods and highly sophisticated computer technology.
WSDPL provides expertise and complete documentation for all stages of ship design:
- General Arrangement drawing
- Technical Specification
- Stability documentation
- Complete package of hull class documents according to all classification societies together with all kind of necessary construction strength calculations
- Plans and drawings of propulsion systems and machinery rooms, accommodation and deck arrangements, mooring, steering, towing, anchoring and specialized systems
- Piping and ventilation plans and diagrams
- Electric and automation drawings and specifications
Production documents tailored to various shipyard's standards all over the world including:
- Lofting and cutting information with templates for plate and profile bending
- Fabrication and installation drawings for piping and ventilation
3-dimensional, virtual model of the vessel with all equipment and installations.