Polish Register of Shipping is an independent expert institution, with an over 75 yearlong history, operating on the international market. Though the name Polish Register of Shipping implies the Society’s sole focus on ship and shipping related business and performed survey of ships in operation and under construction, which remain a very important traditional business line for the Society, the scope of PRS activity range is much more extensive.
- Ship surveys – classification and/or statutory surveys of: sea-going ships (including naval ships and special craft), inland waterways vessels, yachts and motor boats, floating docks, mobile off-shore drilling units, submersibles;
- Industrial surveys – management of construction contracts, construction projects and works, repair and modernization of onshore, offshore and, inland waterways technical structures and marine facilities;
- Certification of management systems for compliance with ISO 9001, 14001, PN-N-18001, ISO 22000, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 3834 and others;
- Certification of products for compliance with European Union Directives: 96/98/EC, 94/25/EC, 89/686/EEC/, 97/23/EC, 2009/105/EC, 2004/108/EC, 2006/95/EC and others;
- Engineering related consultancy – development of tailored software, CSR compliant stability and strength analysis, FEM calculations, simulation of floating objects in motion, non class related technical and design support;
- Training services – technical and technology related formal requirements for certifying compliance with EU Directives, international codes and conventions as well as product and laboratory approval.